Monday, February 8, 2010

Post

There are some thing's I never mentioned about what else goes into this whole cancer thing. 

One of the first things that they do when they tell you that you have cancer is place a central line.  Some start in your arm, under your bicep, they go in there and its a long cord that goes into your heart.  I had a couple of these, they suck, they're annoying, see its a long cord that goes through your arm, and at the end of it there are two dangly things that stick out.  Thats where all of the drugs go, and where they draw blood, anything you can imagine, happens with this line.  When I say things like, "the nurses had to wrap me up", anything that has to do with wrapping, i'm talking about having to get wrapped to take a shower.  Everytime I wanted to take a shower, either me or somone else would have to wrap up my cords that happened to be sticking out of my arm, so that they wouldnt get wet.  These lines that they put in me were awful, not only were they just lame to have, but it hindered my ability to do really anything.  I had to be careful how I laid on my side, in case I pulled my lines out, I couldnt throw anything, a baseball most importantly, I had to be wrapped in reynolds wrap to take a shower, the simpelist of daily tasks turned into chores, and things that just sucked. 

I also had another kind of central line, this one was in my chest, this one I liked much more.  Dont get me wrong I didnt like anything about it, but it was much better coming out of my chest then it was my arm.  I still had to wrap myself, although, I did find that the sticky stuff, with one side that just stuck to you, not sure what it's called but it was great.  One piece, push it over the two things now sticking out of my chest, not my arm, and take a shower, easy.  I never really had anything bad to say about the line coming from my chest, although it was nice to get it out.  When i'd shower i'd try and turn to the side so I would make sure not to get the line wet.  This line was the exact same thing, instead of coming out of my arm it was coming out of my chest.  This line being in my chest it was easier to hide, didnt get in the way as much, things were just better. 

Anyways I just wanted to let you in on what some things meant when I talk about them, just in case some didnt understand, or were confused. 

Side note: 
So i'm watching tv right now, its a show on the WB, One Tree Hill, yeah I know, its just on the tv, not exactly watching it, but I have before, it's pretty good.  Anyways i'm watching it and one of the main characters just found out that her mom has cancer and is going to die.  I dont know what it is with tv these days, all the shows that I watch somone in them gets cancer.  Brothers and Sisters, anyone watch that? I watch it, it's great, but one of the daughters in that show gets leukemia, she even has a bone marrow transplant just like me, although her recovery time from the transplant was 2 days and mine is/was much longer.  What i'm getting at is now that i've been sick, have these things been happening in tv the whole time and i'm just noticing these things now, or is it that more and more now people are getting cancer on tv, because cancer is coming up more and more in our everyday life that they now have to put it in the tv shows?  Just something i've been noticing lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment